I’m back with another assignment in hand. This one was working with the gradient tool. It took me a total of about 10 – 15 hours to do as I was getting use to the tool itself.
… so here it is.
I started off with the red pepper it looked nice to begin with but because I just started using this tool I had a couple of problems and fixes through out the 4 peppers. Restarting the red pepper a couple of times was annoying but it was worth it helping me feel more comfortable using the tool through out the rest of the assignment.
I then did the same through out all the other peppers trying to make them as realistic as I could. There are white spaces in the middle of the peppers because I made the stems of the peppers a separate layer.
I started off the stems of the peppers with one mesh (Figure 1). The shape as well as the colours blending did not look visually appealing so I decided to make the stem using two meshes helping them to look more smooth and real (Figure 2&3).
Once done I did some finishing touches to the peppers and achieved this…
This assignment took me a bit longer than expected but overall I enjoyed using the gradient mesh tool on these peppers.